Call or Text Us For A Free Case Evaluation: 317.920.6400 | 800.525.8028 Search Site

What Happens if You’re Injured on Public Property?

August 28, 2015 Info Articles, Personal Injury

It’s a property owner’s responsibility to mark hazardous areas to warn people of possible danger. You see “Wet Floor” signs in businesses, as well as orange or yellow barriers around construction sites, and when it comes to hazards on public property, the government entity responsible for the property should also warn people of danger.

This includes potential hazards on sidewalks and roads, as well as in parks and other publicly owned areas.

Failure to Warn of Hazards: Can You Sue?

Failure to warn of danger can be considered a form of negligence. However, every case is different – even if yours seems clear-cut – and it’s important to talk to a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer to find out if you could be eligible for compensation that helps cover your medical bills, lost wages and other expenses related to the hazard.

You may be entitled to damages in a premises liability claim. While nobody can predict how a judge will rule, you owe it to yourself to talk to an attorney who can help you determine whether you have a case.



Request A Free Case Evaluation

Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential initial consultation.

Submitting your information does not automatically create an attorney-client relationship. I agree