Call or Text Us For A Free Case Evaluation: 317.920.6400 | 800.525.8028

Search Site

Slip + Fall Accidents

Slip + Fall Accidents

Injury Attorneys | Restoring LivesTM

When an accident or injury occurs to a visitor or tenant living on another person’s property, the owner of the property may be liable for damages if it can be proved that their negligence or misconduct led to the injury.

If you have been injured through a slip and fall accident at someone’s home or business which you believe may be a result of the negligence of another person, you have rights. Depending upon the details of your case, you may be entitled to damages to recover the costs of medical bills, lost earnings, physical pain, disfigurement, emotional distress, or permanent physical disability.

Do I Have a Slip and Fall Accident Case?

In cases involving slip and fall accidents, generally plaintiffs must show the property owners either failed to maintain the property or created unsafe conditions which caused the injury, or knew about the dangerous premises or unsafe hazard but failed to alert visitors or tenants to those conditions.

Another factor that is important is whether the unsafe condition was permanent or temporary. In instances where the condition was temporary, the length of time it existed may have bearing on your ability to prove your case.

In slip and fall cases, the law also makes a distinction as to the nature of a visitor, who may be classified as an invitee, a licensee or a trespasser. Invitees and licensees generally have the property owner’s explicit or implicit permission to be on the property for personal or business-related reasons, whereas a trespasser is considered to be on the property without permission. This distinction can have a significant bearing on your ability to recover damages from the property owner.

Get Help With Your Slip and Fall Legal Case

If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Indiana which you believe is due to a property owner’s negligence, we would like to discuss your legal options. Call our legal team at 800-525-8028 or contact us online for a free case consultation.

Request A Free Case Evaluation

Submitting your information does not automatically create an attorney-client relationship. I agree