According to car insurance industry estimates, the typical driver will experience three to four car accidents over the course of his lifetime. Although stricter, safer laws have been implemented for drivers in Indiana, car accidents are bound to happen even to the best drivers. Fortunately, there are simple and easy ways that you can prepare for the worst.
Downloading an app on your smartphone can be a great first line of self defense against hungry insurance companies in the event of a car accident. Accident reporting smartphone apps help drivers report accidents and document important evidence that could affect the value of a claim settlement. Check out these top 5 free apps for any Android and iOS device to be better equipped to gather the evidence you need after a crash.
1. AAA Mobile (iPhone/Android)
AAA is well-known for its prompt roadside assistance. If your vehicle is immobilized by a traffic accident or an unexpectedly breakdown, you can request roadside assistance directly through the app.
Perks of using AAA Mobile:
- Request roadside assistance within seconds.
- Built-in GPS technology ensures that dispatchers know your exact location.
- Provides directions, gas prices, travel and lodging recommendations, and member discounts.
2. WreckCheck (iPhone/Android)
Knowing what evidence to gather is tough when your head is spinning after a collision. WreckCheck makes it easy, guiding you through the steps to take following an accident.
Perks of using WreckCheck:
- Accesses your mobile device’s location service, audio recorder, and camera to document the accident.
- Assists car accident victims to create and send accident reports, which will come in handy when meeting with an auto accident lawyer.
- Helps drivers determine what information to share, with whom, and how to apply it when filing an insurance claim.
3. Collision Call (iPhone/Android)
Collision Call automatically contacts emergency services in the moment of an accident. The app uses your phone’s technology to measure the force of impact to detect a collision (but don’t worry, abrupt stops or dropped phones won’t trigger an alert). Keep the app open on your phone before you hit the road, and in the event of a collision, emergency services will be immediately dispatched.
Perks of using Collision Call:
- Emergency services are immediately dispatched to the site of the accident.
- Set up alerts for friends and family members to notify them in the event of a collision.
- Can be used while riding motorcycles, bicycle, subways, or as a passenger.
4. Auto Accident App (Android)
The aptly-named Auto Accident App is a great tool to keep on your phone. The app’s Accident Recording System makes it easy to document every detail of the crash. It automatically compiles all the pertinent information into a comprehensive accident report that you can send right from you phone, such as:
- Audio witness statements
- Injury charts
Creating an account is the easiest task of them all–simply take pictures of your driver’s license, vehicle registration, and insurance, and the app does the rest. You don’t have to waste any time manually entering personal information into dozens of fields.
5. iWrecked (iPhone/Android)
This app is like your mini-treasure chest for gathering and storing evidence. It can:
- Record accident details
- Take photos
- Locate nearby taxis and towing companies
- Generate a PDF of the accident report
iWrecked automatically uses your GPS location to fine tune the report and to notify official.
6. WKW Auto Accident App (iPhone/Android)
WKW’s Auto Accident App is a free, hassle-free platform for both iPhone and Android devices. The app’s simple step-by-step system is especially great for new teen drivers. It’s intended to give them a sense of ease and independence for gathering all of the necessary information needed to collect a solid accident report.
WKW Accident App features:
- Camera, voice recorder, notepad and drawing pad
- Invaluable FAQ section containing important information about the appropriate procedures to prepare for and handle any moving vehicle accident
- Time saving forms to clearly collect accident information from other parties (e.g. drivers, witnesses, passengers, etc.)
- Automatic GPS locator which aides in recording critical accident facts like traffic patterns and driving conditions.
- Ability to dial 911 directly from the app as well as contact WKW
In the Event of an Accident, Hire a Personal Injury Attorney
The likelihood of a car accident at some point in your lifetime is almost certain, and these 5 smartphone apps can certainly help when you find yourself in need. Should you be injured in an accident on the road, you may need to contact a personal injury lawyer to help you seek a maximum recovery.
At Wilson Kehoe Winingham, our personal injury attorneys are experienced and knowledgeable with respect to helping car accident victims. Call us today at 317-920-6400 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
REQUEST A FREE CASE EVALUATION