Construction accidents often happen due to negligence. People need to be properly trained so that there are less accidents, especially when heavy machinery is being used. OSHA has many regulations to ensure that accidents are kept to a minimum.
Here are some of OSHA’s regulations that need to be followed at all times.
- Your machinery needs to be in good working order. This includes working brakes, lights, horns, and windshield wipers.
- Operators need to be trained before using any machinery.
- All machinery needs to be checked and repaired before using. This should be done before every shift.
- Make sure that every vehicle has a reverse signal that can be heard above the construction noise.
- All machinery that gets loaded from above, the safety of the operator is very important. It is important that the operators are safety located in cabs.
- All machinery needs to have roll-over protection. Machinery can roll-over so it is very important to protect operators.
- Machinery should not be modified. This may change the safety features of the machine, putting workers in danger of an accident. The only time that you can do this is if you have written permission to do so.
- Make sure that all roads are safe for driving equipment on them before using them. Be sure to maintain all roads at all times.
It is very important to follow OSHA’s regulations. You need to maintain you machinery and check it before every shift. You should never modify any machinery, unless you have permission. Also, operators need to be trained before driving equipment. Accidents happen if people don’t know what they are doing.