Emergency Notice | As we are in the midst of a global epidemic, we want to assure our clients that we are continuing to work diligently while also taking all necessary and precautionary steps to ensure the safety and health of our WKW staff. ***To potential new clients, please note that we offer virtual consultations.
Injury Attorneys | Restoring LivesTM
On June 5, 2015, a fire devastated a Southside home. Fortunately, firefighters were able to rescue the family’s 15-year-old cat from the residence before it was too late.
Firefighters found the cat, named “Sissy Mouse,” listless and barely breathing due to smoke inhalation. Emergency medical services responders treated her with oxygen and had the cat breathing “remarkably better” after 15 minutes.
The woman who lived in the home was in her yard and called 911 when she saw the smoke. Units arrived within minutes, but the fire quickly flashed and became large enough to see from several blocks away. It took Indianapolis Fire Department personnel nearly 30 minutes to get the fire under control.
The house appears to be a total loss, but no one has reported any injuries. The woman, her boyfriend, and her two-year-old grandchild were all outside when the fire began.
Sissy Mouse is expected to make a full recovery, but another pet cat that was outside when the fire occurred is still missing.
If you or a loved one have been injured as a result of a fire or explosion, you are urged to contact the Indianapolis Personal Injury Attorneys of Wilson Kehoe Winingham. The lawyers at WKW can help you get the compensation you deserve. Call 317.920.6400 or fill out an online contact form for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
WKW partner Bill Winingham and marketing coordinator Matt Houston attended the Joseph Maley Foundation (JMF) open house, held on Thursday, January 24. Joseph Maley Foundation…
WKW has settled a case for a woman whose house burned to the ground but whose claim was initially denied by her homeowners insurance company.…
Firefighters from Indianapolis and Speedway recently responded to a call on Corwyn Road to find a single-family house in flames. Although smoke alarms alerted the…