Bill Winingham has helped persons harmed by others during his entire 30-year legal career. Whether assisting crime victims as an Assistant U.S. Attorney and state court prosecutor or representing those seriously injured due to negligence or dangerous products, he has always been on the side of those who have suffered from others’ misconduct. His emphasis in civil litigation has evolved to include vehicle accidents, fires and explosions, products liability and cases against insurance companies for their lack of good faith in settling claims.
His accomplishments have previously been recognized by the Indiana Trial Lawyer’s Association in the form of the 2002 Indiana Trial Lawyer of the Year award. He has been listed in the publication Best Lawyers in America for fifteen consecutive years and has been named the 2010 & 2012 Indianapolis Product Liability Lawyer of the Year by the publication.
In addition, Bill is the immediate past chairman of the Board of Directors for the Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana Foundation and has made Wilson Kehoe Winingham a major sponsor of the Dr. Lisa Thompson Center for Family Education, which helps survivors and their families adjust to living with brain injuries.
Bill was appointed by a federal judge to be liaison counsel for the plaintiffs in the Firestone/Ford multi-district litigation. He coordinates activity between hundreds of attorneys and serves on the Plaintiff’s Executive committee in this nationwide products liability case.
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Past Board Chairman of the Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana Foundation
AWARDS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Named Best Lawyers’ Indianapolis Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year (2016)
- Former Assistant U.S. Attorney and Deputy Prosecutor
- Author and lecturer for ITLA, PESI and ICLEF seminars
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Awarded Indiana Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Indiana Trial Lawyer’s Association (2002)
- Named Best Lawyers’ Indianapolis Product Liability Lawyer of the Year (2010, 2012)
- Named to Indiana Super Lawyers since 2002, named Top Ten Super Lawyer in Indiana (2010, 2015-2017)
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company v. Jakubowicz, 56 N.E.3d 617 (Ind. 2016) (amicus counsel)