Injuries to children present a unique legal situation. There are more complex legal issues involved when dealing with a case involving a person under 18 years of age, and generally a lawsuit can only be filed by a parent or legal adult guardian on their behalf. If your child has experienced an accident or injury, consult with an injury lawyer in Indianapolis to learn more about the available options.

In more than 20 years of personal injury practice, Wilson Kehoe and Winingham has unfortunately seen the devastating physical and emotional effects that injuries to children can have on the victims and their families. As such, our firm understands that efficient and experienced legal representation and recovery of damages is critical in providing families with the support and resolve to overcome such difficult situations. There are many sources of risk to children, and can include:

  • Cars and other motor vehicle accidents
  • Fireworks
  • Household fires
  • Playground equipment
  • Ingestion of household chemicals, cleaning substances, pain relievers, foreign bodies, or plants
  • Defective products such as toys or cribs
  • Swimming, boating and other water-related accidents

In some instances these accidents can lead to severe injury with disability or even death. Lawsuits filed on behalf of children who have been severely injured often must address the issue of long-term medical care and rehabilitation that may last through maturity and the child’s adult life.

Wilson Kehoe and Winingham has significant experience in cases involving the representation of a minor. We have helped many families throughout Indiana and the United States in cases involving injuries to children or minors, and understand the needs of families who are involved in such emotionally difficult circumstances. Get the help of an Indianapolis personal injury lawyer and our legal and medical staff.

If you are a parent, guardian or concerned adult related to a minor who has been severely injured, we’d like to hear from you. Contact us online or call us at 800-525-8028 to set up a free consultation to discuss your legal options.