Medical malpractice lawyers often have to wear two hats when meeting with clients who have potential claims for medical negligence. First, they must have an understanding of the legal requirements to file suit in medical malpractice cases in Indiana. Medical malpractice attorneys also need to be well versed in a host of different medical specialties to…

Curious about product liability law in Indiana? Here are three facts you should know. First, product liability law applies to situations in which someone has been hurt or harmed by using products that, by law, should have been safe for consumers. Companies or organizations that make products, distribute them, or are part of the supply…

Truck Accidents are much more likely to cause injury and destruction than car accidents, due simply to the weight and size of trucks on the road. This is true although statistics indicate that most truck drivers operate vehicles safely: of accidents responsible for injury, just 3% are caused by trucks. The other 97% are caused…

  (Photo: Chris Morisse Vizza/Journal & Courier) The lack of a traffic light at the intersection of U.S. 52 and State Highway 47, which is along the heavily trafficked I-65 detour, has caused two deaths. The Indiana Department of Transportation has coordinated with local officials to install a temporary traffic light in hopes of keeping…

In the state of Indiana, insurers are required to deal in good faith with their insured customers. Good faith means that the insurance company will not try to take advantage of you, and it is implied in every contract. Good faith also means that an insurance company must not unreasonably withhold or delay a claim…

Wrongful death is defined in Indiana law as occurring when “the death of one is caused by the wrongful act or omission of another.” A wrongful death claim can be conceptualized of as a type of personal injury in which, due to his or her death, the affected party cannot bring the charge. As a…

If you are facing a personal injury claim, you may be wondering whether it’s a good idea to attempt to settle with the insurance company on your own or if you should retain an attorney. Ultimately, the decision is yours. However, there are a few things you need to know about dealing with insurance adjusters…

An experienced personal injury attorney won’t just settle for reimbursement of medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering, but will go after all the damages to which you and your family members are entitled including mental anguish and loss of consortium. Serious injuries can take their toll on the entire family and have a long-lasting…

Knowledge is power, as the old saying goes, and that’s certainly true about medical malpractice in the state of Indiana. Here are five things you should know. One, there is a specified window of time in which medical malpractice suits have to be filed. In Indiana, this period is two years. After that time frame,…

© 2017 Wilson Kehoe Winingham | All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer / Privacy Policy / Site Map

Restoring Lives is a registered trademark of Wilson Kehoe Winingham
Advertising Material

logo-footer

STAY CONNECTED WITH US: