We recently read an article about a lucky individual who decided to make homemade fireworks. We say lucky because he and his wife escaped without injury, but the same can’t be said about their home.
According to the article, fire crews responded to an explosion inside a home in rural Huntington County, Indiana. The owner confirmed he was making fireworks in the home. The owner and his wife were both home at the time of the explosion but were not hurt. A small fire started but was put out by the owner.
Although the owner and his wife escaped injury, the home suffered major damage. The owner confirmed damage in every room, including the walls, floors, and roof. The explosion was so destructive the foundation of the home was cracked and the entire house is reportedly a total loss.
There’s only a little bit of good news with this story; there are no injuries. However, this could have been a catastrophic disaster. Reading this article reminded us of the article we wrote last year for the Fourth of July.